The Regina General Hospital began construction in 1909. Originally, the building had a 100-bed capacity, cost over $100,000 and took two years to complete. Additions were built onto the main structure in 1913 and 1927, upgrading the facility to a 410-bed capacity. Additional construction took place in 1949, upgrading the building's capacity to 800 beds - and again in 1966, with a final addition constructed in the late 1990s.
There are a number of reported spirits haunting this hospital. Many people have seen an elderly nurse who rushes around the hallways of the hospital at speeds not humanly possible. There has also been many reports of people seeing a lost little boy wandering the old wing of the hospital and then suddenly disappearing. Some people have also claimed to see the ghost of an older nurse standing behind them but when they turn around she disappears.