Learning to Ghost Hunt can help you improve interpersonal relationships, your love life, and even your career. But what about getting actual evidence that ghosts really exist?
Here's 10 very useful tips to becoming a better Ghost Hunter or Paranormal Investigator:
1. Get out of the house. Finding and hunting for real ghosts means getting off the couch and away from the Television or computer. Unless you happen to live in a very haunted house, City or location.
2. Take the initiative: Often some real spooky ghosts are shy at first. Follow the rules and take your time. Hunting for real ghosts is not like on TV. It can be or mean many of long hours of waiting before any real ghosts actually shows up.
3. Nothing terminates encounters faster than being on a ghost tour with those that do not take it seriously. Get a group together or join one that is dedicated and not set up just as a fun thing to do on boring nights or weekends.
4. Learn the rules that real ghosts hunters like I myself follow. Don't know them then get in touch with someone that is respected in the field and ask them. And learn to ghost hunt responsibly, starting a group on your own with out any prior ghost hunting experience can be a very stupid move.
5. Go visit interesting places to meet interesting spirits (bars don't count always especially in New Orleans). Try old hotels, battlefields, public buildings and even city streets. Ghost just don't haunt cemeteries. They haunt race tracks, hospitals, banks and even bus stops!
6. Anyplace can be a ghost haunted hotspot. But how do you find one that you should investigate. Many great noted authors like Mark Nesbitt, Troy Taylor and a host of others write about place that are haunted where you can encounter a real ghosts or two. Books today or more accurate then they were 5 years ago and the evidence in them should be checked out. Who Knows what ghosts are still at these locations to be discovered.
7. Make sure all your ghost hunting equipment is always in working order. Bring along anything and everything that is also appropriate to a particular location. And of course dress weather appropriate.
8. Adopt a 3-strike rule when taking photos, video, EVP's or EMF readings. Always take three photos in a row or ask the same three questions or meter reading at a location at different times and days.
9. Don't take a ghost hunting failure personally. Even if a location is haunted doesn't mean the ghosts will come out to haunt you. some locations need several days to investigate sometimes even weeks months or years. Real Ghosts often haunt a person that they see regularly in their haunted hot spot. ( above taken from the Haunted America Tours website )